|Pays||Type de chantier||Début||Fin||Code|
|Corée du Sud||Éducatif||12.09.2012||05.12.2012||IWO- B13|
The project site is an alternative high school surrounded by beautiful mountains and liver. The school is called 『Gokseong Peace School』 and is aiming at nature preservation, peace education and independence not only text book but also various activities. The school focuses on outdoor activities and experiences so that students could lean by non-formal method. Therefore, school likes to host international volunteer who is able to bring fresh atmosphere, different cultures, languages and friendship with students. It will be a very unique experience to volunteer who is interested in joining students’ life actively and sharing themselves with open minded.
A volunteer will have various chances as below within the school.
- Joining student’s classes: Farming (vegetables, working in rice fields), sports ,arts etc.
- Joining outdoor activities with students: Swimming in the valley, hiking and so on
- Leading an English class and supporting English teacher
- Joining field trip with students; Visiting cultural and historical sports of Korea
❈The students’ level of English is basic or intermediate.
Since the school is very much focused on ‘outdoor activity’, you will be asked to join hiking, farming, swimming with students joyfully. If you are enjoying outdoor activities and being easily closed with teenagers, this is your place. You will share a room with student in a dormitory.
The students may invite you to join them on field trips, such as hiking, rafting, or visiting other areas of the country during a weekend.
1) Essential qualification
* Those who can actively join outdoor activity with teenagers
* Those who can communicate in English
2) Preferred qualification
• Previous volunteer experience with teenagers
• Skills to manage club activities (e.g. music, dance, sports, theatre, etc.)
• Those who have teaching experience or are interested in teaching.(Especially with non-formal methods)
3) Things to consider before you apply
• Am I interested in learning Korean language and culture?
• Am I a flexible person?
• Am I able to stay positive when faced with difficult situations?
CV(With a picture), VEF(Health remarks; allergy, dietary, should be included), Motivation Letter
*Remark!!! The school is surrounded by nature and is in farming village. No shops nearby. But it’s very beautiful and healthy place. You may visit the bigger city nearby during a weekend by local bus.
publiée le 20 mai
publiée le 17 mai
publiée le 13 mai